Friday, March 05, 2010

Ahhh...Lent

Hi Folks

I haven't been around much. I see it was St. Valentine's feast last time I wrote. So much has happened.

I do not know if God sees me as dissolute or what, but every Lent seems to come as a kit...ready made with Lenten sacrifices.

This year, a large part of my sacrifice seems to be driving. I don't really like driving, and as I deal with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue I find driving very tiring...even when I'm a passenger. As the driver, it's worse. Especially at night.

In some ways I'm better than I used to be. Larger centres no longer terrify me, although driving through Montreal or Toronto is not anything I would look forward to. Having a newer car has really helped my confidence.

Confidence is a good thing. I never thought I would be driving so much. And the rush started on Ash Wednesday, wouldn't you know!

I have made so many trips into our nearest Big City in the past three weeks. For family's health issues... And it's not over yet. I even have one day where two people have appointments in two different cities! And the appointments can't really be changed due to the nature of the conditions. Fortunately, the timings are such that meeting both appointments is physically possible...but what a day it will be!

It doesn't look like it's going to settle down until...well...just before Palm Sunday. Imagine that.

In the midst of this, God has chosen to answer a heartfelt prayer I've been working on for months. A very good thing, but change is stressful...and I don't 'do' stress well. I keep trying...

So, offering all this up seems like a natural thing to do. But I can't really say I CHOSE it!

If you can send up a prayer for us, I'd really appreciate it!

No comments: